14 charts have been updated in the Marine GeoGarage(NOAA update mi-May 2013-1st week of June 2013)
NOAA Charts Show New IMO Traffic Separation Scheme off California
NOAA has updated a series of raster and electronic navigational charts to comply with routing regulations approved late last year by the International Maritime Organization (IMO COLREG.2/Circ.64,December 4, 2012).
The routing establishes a new traffic separation scheme off the northern coast of California, effective June 1
see GeoGarage blog : California shipping lanes moved in attempt to avoid killing whales
- 11324 Galveston Bay Entrance Galveston and Texas City Harbors
- 11356 Isles Dernieres to Point au Fer
- 11428 Okeechobee Waterway St. Lucie Inlet to Fort Myers; Lake Okeechobee
- 11542 Florida Keys Sombrero Key to Sand Key
- 12326 Approaches to New York Fire lsland Light to Sea Girt
- 12332 Raritan River Raritan Bay to New Brunswick
- 12368 North Shore of Long Island Sound Sherwood Point to Stamford Harbor
- 13223 Narragansett Bay. Including Newport Harbor
- 13287 Saco Bay and Vicinity
- 13298 Kennebec River Bath to Courthouse Point
- 18649 Entrance to San Francisco Bay
- 18724 Port Hueneme And Approaches;Port Hueneme
- 18725 Port Hueneme to Santa Barbara;Santa Barbara;Channel Islands Harbor and Port Hueneme;Ventura
- 18746 San Pedro Channel;Dana Point Harbor
How do you know if you need a new nautical chart?
See the changes in new chart editions.
NOAA chart dates of recent Print on Demand editions
Note : NOAA updates their nautical charts with corrections published in:
- U.S. Coast Guard Local Notices to Mariners (LNMs),
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Notices to Mariners (NMs), and
- Canadian Coast Guard Notices to Mariners (CNMs)
Please visit the NOAA's chart update service for more info.