The world's oceans need to be protected.
My Drop of the Ocean is where you can sponsor your favorite beach and donate your time and skills to the Surfrider Foundation, a non-profit organisation dedicated to protect our oceans, waves and beaches.
So answer the call of the Surfrider Foundation Europe to talk about the project My Drop of the Ocean .
Created in Europe in 1990 by 3 time World Surfing Champion Tom Curren, today it gathers more 3500 members and is represented by local chapters across France and Europe.
This site is part of a campaign (for care about environment and protection of beaches) and mobilization (gathering donations and applications for volunteering) : the money raised will go towards preserving the oceans.
The principle is simple: collecting donations offering bits of beach or waves.
They call it the drops (1 drop = 1 euro).
Follow these following steps to get started :
- choose a destination from the map on your right
- this is when you'll be asked to create a free account
- when on the map, use + or - to locate your beach (or you can simply go straight to one on the more popular beaches)
- zoom down until a grid appears
- now click on 'select your drop'
- make your selection then click on 'sponsor this drop of the ocean'.